The Greatest Moments of Optimus Prime - Part 2

Yep, it's that time again when I realise I've got nothing to post, so I decided to continue this little feature.

This Optimus Prime moment is my personal favourite...


Over here in the UK, we were lucky enough to get our own version of the Transformers comic series, which not only re-printed the US series, but also had brand new original material from UK creators. With the release of Transformers: The Movie, Marvel UK created a whole new continuity around the characters appearing in it; under the masterful pen of Simon Furman, Transformers took in time travel, demi-gods, and countless other things that made it a must read every week - all of it building to a huge storyline called Time Wars, which contained, for my money, one of the greatest cliffhangers ever:




I remember being bowled over by that page when I was a kid. Here was my favourite Transfomer, about to tackle the most powerful and dangerous Transformer in the history of the entire race - who was now completely insane! - while the universe was literally tearing itself apart around them. I couldn't believe I was actually expected to wait 7! Whole! Days! For the conclusion!

I also remember being quite disappointed by said conclusion, but that's another matter entirely...

Previously...
The Greatest Moments of Optimus Prime - Part 2 The Greatest Moments of Optimus Prime - Part 2 Reviewed by Unknown on 9:12 am Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.